The correct lighting in a display case is the difference in product showcase and can improve the chances of creating an environment that increases the value of your product. Many retailers have questions about the type of lights to use in a display case For example, shop owners are typically interested in what type of lighting works best, how much lighting should be used and what are the advantages or disadvantages from using various light types. However, in general, lights do display your product in a more professional way and add a whole new element in product display. Below is an assessment of the three main lighting options for display cases:
Fluorescent bulbs are installed as one large tube and are placed underneath the top frame of the showcase.
- These bulbs allow for an even distribution of light and they are physically the largest light so the light produced can cover more space.
- Fluorescent bulbs run at a very efficient energy level.
- Fluorescent bulbs produce very little heat so items won’t be damaged, making them very energy efficient.
- Fluorescent bulbs have a long life span and can last 10-20 times longer than other light sources, usually 10,000 to 15,000 hours.
- Fluorescent bulbs when turned on and off rapidly will age faster
- The light fluorescent bulbs give off is not as bright as the other light sources.
Halogens are installed in a row, placed inside an aluminum fixture. Generally, there are between 3 and 8 in a strand depending on the size of the case. They are installed underneath the top frame of the display case.
- Halogens produce a very bright clean light. They work great for jewelry because they showcase the product under a very bright light and can create a “glimmer’ off of the item.
- It produces a very clean white looking light which can create a modern lighting scheme.
- Halogens are run efficiently and have a very long light life.
- They are also relatively inexpensive as they run the same price as fluorescent lights.
- Halogens do create some heat when illuminated. This must be known if you are displaying something that heat can effect such as old paper documents, tobacco, antique items and/or items made out of fragile materials.
LED bulbs are installed within a tube. There many LED lights that are packed very closely together putting off a constant light stream. They are installed underneath the top frame of the display case.
- LED bulbs are the top of the line lighting source for display cases. They give off a very bright (even brighter than halogen) light in a crisp “bluish” tint.
- LED bulbs can last from 35,000 to 50,000 hours of useful life which is the longest for any light.
- LED bulbs also produce this light in a very efficient way and don’t give off a significant amount of heat
- Very low maintenance lighting.
- LED can be more costly than the other light sources because of the quality and efficiency of LEDs.
Post time: 02-12-2017