Countertop displays of candy are essential for convenience stores, and they also work well in grocery stores, restaurants and hotels.
However, whether you want to create an elaborate display along your countertop or one that includes just a few simple add-on items, you need to consider three things before you start thinking about what kind of candy you want to include in your countertop display: the about the amount of countertop space you have to work with, the difference kinds of candy containers that are available to you, and whether countertop racks would benefit your display.
1. Amount of Countertop Space
The amount of countertop space you have to work with is the key to how everything else regarding your countertop display will play out. If you have plenty of room, you’ll be able to display a much wider variety of candies using more – or larger – candy containers than you would if you only have a small space to work with.
2. Different Kinds of Candy Containers
Once you have a good handle on how much countertop space you have to work with, you can start thinking about the kinds of candy containers you want to use.
- Plastic Candy Containers: These containers are probably the most popular kinds among convenience stores, grocery stores, and other fast pasted retail settings. These containers are quite sturdy, so they’re less likely to break if you or a customer accidentally bumps into them. Clear plastic containers are common choices, but don’t forget about colored acrylic containers. These bins can help you have fun with your countertop displays!
- Food Grade Plastic Containers: Not to be confused with regular plastic containers, food grade plastic containers are designed to keep food fresh and safe from contamination. These bins generally come equipped with lids that you can either snap or screw in place or that are already hinged on the container, as well as plastic or aluminum scoops for customers to get the candy.
- Glass Candy Jars: Though they’re not quite as popular as plastic candy containers, glass candy jars are stylish alternatives for businesses that aim to give off a sense of elegance or charm. Glass jars especially work well for establishments that don’t see high volumes of rambunctious traffic, like hotels and restaurants.
Regardless of what kind of candy containers you think will work best in your store, remember to keep your countertop space in mind as you’re selecting them.
3. Using Countertop Racks
Countertop racks are available in a variety of styles and are ideal for countertops of nearly every size. As long as you select racks designed to hold the kind of candy containers you want to use in your display, these racks will help you make the most of your countertop space.
Once you’ve evaluated your countertop space, selected the kind of candy containers you want to use, and determined whether countertop racks will benefit you, you’ll be ready to choose the kind of candy you want to include in your countertop display!
Post time: 10-17-2017