Shop shelving and shopfittings selection is an important part of any retail business. Whether you are setting up a new business, moving premises or having a refit, choosing the appropriate shelving units can make the difference between an efficient, well laid out store and an awkward waste of space. It’s essential to plan your shelving from start to finish to ensure you don’t waste money or time, and get the best result for your business.
The best thing to do is involve your shop shelving suppliers right from the beginning. A good supplier will be able to help you to plan your layout, and offer guidance on the stock they offer. Follow these steps to organise your shop fit out:
- Start with your budget, and be clear about what aspect of your store is highest priority, for example product displays, window displays, storage or service counter.
- Decide whether you need used shop shelving to match your existing units, or new shopfittings to serve a different purpose or suit a new space.
- Work out the best positioning and configuration for your shelving units within your space, ensuring you have a clear view of the store from the service desk and door, and there is a flow to your store traffic.
- Decide which type of shelving is right for your specific product, for example high or low gondola shelving for island shelving, wall shelving, corner bays, peg board shelving to hang products at different heights, refrigerated units for cold and fresh goods, magazine racks, dump bins etc.
- Identify any awkward areas of the store, such as columns or dead ends, that may need extra planning to make the best of the space.
- Don’t forget shelving accessories! Epos ticket strips, shelf dividers and so on help to organise your products and make it easy to restock.
- You may also need shelving and storage units for your warehouse or storage area. Many shop shelving companies offer cheap options such as pallet shelving to help you organise stock behind the scenes, too.
- Find out if your shop shelving supplier is able to deliver and assemble your units. If not, make sure you can organise it yourself.
Whether you’re refitting an entire shop or simply adding extra shelving space to an existing shelving configuration, always keep in mind the best way to display each product and make the best use of your space.
Experienced shop shelving suppliers will be able to help you plan and carry out your shop improvements from start to finish, from planning to assembly, so make use of their expertise and knowledge to create a great store layout.
Post time: 03-25-2017