Winter is that time of year when we can have fun with clothes without worrying about our body shapes. With onset of winter season, all showroom racks become cozy with many types of winter wear. But one section that has a different craze among all women is winter coats. A winter coat not only provides protection from harsh winter weather, it also makes a great fashion statement with elegance and grace. And that’s the reason why they are so much popular among women.
If you’re residing in a colder region, or planning to visit a cold country in Christmas Holidays, then investing in a stylish winter coat is really a must. Designers are wrecking their brains to give their best specially in terms of outerwear for women. Many new trends were seen on fall/winter 2009/2010 runways from Russian inspired coats, to classic camel colored hues, and cocoon styles. If you have made your mind to buy a winter coat then it’s necessary to know what’s in for the season as latest fashion trend. One can make a style statement by knowing these designer fashion trends in winter coats.
- A new trend that entered winter fashion with a boom is the capes. They are stylish winter coats with open front, without sleeves and somehow resembles the poncho, but in a different way! Capes are new coat of the season available in ranges from just covering shoulders to long draping ones. They go perfect over chunky knits, matched with over-the-knee boots.
- Fur detailing and fully fur coats have made a splashing come back with a vengeance this season. Designers like Thakoon, Michael Kors, Emilio Pucci, Julien Macdonald, Diane von Furstenberg, Preen and many more have shown their brilliant designs in fur with details on coat’s collar or cuffs.
- Military style jackets and coats have been going strong all year round and the looks have set to continue in winter also. Designer brands like Balmain and Balenciaga overflowed runways with military inspired jackets and blazers for their fall 2009 collection. Many celebrities like Rhianna, Beyonce and Kanye West, have been spotted now and then in a military style jacket matched with a distressed jeans. This style looks really cool and is becoming very much popular among younger generation.
- With its 1980s roots, the strong-shoulder trend will help you stay in vogue this fall. Strong shoulders are a completely wearable trend, especially in winter coats. The shoulder pads create a very royal look that makes you feel different from the crowd. It’s perfect for formal parties and can be successfully paired with fur, gloves or belts. This classical look was promoted by BCBG Max Azria, Chanel, and Donna Karan on their runway shows. Military style has also combined with strong shoulders to create a fascinating look.
- Apart from strong looks like military style and strong shoulders, there is something very feminine for winter coats this season. These are the ruffly winter coats. They made splashing appearance on Valentino’s Haute Couture and Louis Vuitton Fall 2009. Just pair them with a simple dress up, a stylish updo, and a cool pair of sunglasses, and you are ready to Rock!
A winter coat is probably one of the major wardrobe purchases a woman makes for fall winter season. By knowing these latest fashion trends in winter coats, you will get an idea what to buy that matches your style and persona. Shopping online can be a better option to make your dollar go a little further. Many stores like Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom provide big discounts on designer winter coats during the Holiday season. Take advantage of this opportunity and dress-up like a Diva for winters.
Post time: 08-03-2017